Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Too Busy to Work!

Today reminded me of trying to get a drink through a fire hose. I had so much stuff going on that it was difficult to get much done! The day started with organizing and paying some of the bills that arrived while I was on vacation. Next, I had some paperwork to type and send to Section 8. I then had to sign and send out the tax returns for all my companies (which had been on extension). The reason for having several companies is that it's important to divide your rental properties into different companies (LLCs) so that one lawsuit can't threaten your entire portfolio.

Next, I needed to take care of some paperwork relating to my wife's recent accident. The insurance has decided that my wife's car is totaled. I needed to send them the title so that they will send us a check for her car. I took care of that and then headed into town to send it to the insurance via next day air. I then had to go to the police department to pickup a copy of the police report of the accident, which will be needed when we meet with the attorney tomorrow. Next, I went to the city engineering department to get a map of the accident location which will be used in the court proceedings. By the time all of this was completed, it was already after noon.

After a quick lunch, I made my daily trip to Lowes to buy parts for today's work, which was pipe for the septic system. When I finally arrived at the doublewide, I briefly worked on a shower and then planned on working on the septic system. Unfortunately, it started to rain and that was my signal to call it a day!

I'm sincerely hoping to get more accomplished tomorrow than I did today.

No comments: