Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Another Look at our Criminal Justice System

I haven't had time to post the past few days. My wife and I took another 3 day weekend and we've been quite busy. We spent most of the day on Friday working on landscaping at our home. Then Saturday, we had a big family gathering during the day and a party for our small group (from Church) in the evening. Today we had another family gathering for Mother's day! It was a busy 3 days.

Before my three day weekend started, I had one last work related issue to take care of. Friday morning was the pre-trial hearing for the Felon that has been stalking me. If you haven't been following my blog, it's a long story. However, the short version is that this loser has a "wrap sheet" of more than 200 criminal offenses, including several felonies. He is now awaiting charges on a felony for an arson and possibly attempted murder in a building next to one of my buildings. I'm the primary witness in that case.

Anyway, this criminal somehow got out of jail a little while back and the same day approached me on the sidewalk in front of one of my buildings, violating the restraining order I have against him. I called the police and he was arrested. He's still in jail awaiting trail on that charge and his pretrial was Friday morning.

I have VERY LITTLE confidence in our criminal justice system, so I called the court to be sure the case was still being held. It was. I arrived at the courthouse about 10 minutes before the case was scheduled to be heard. This is the same courthouse where evictions are heard, so I know all the officers that provide security. Before they screened me, I asked if the case was still on. This criminal is frequently violent and they always have extra security when he is brought to court from the jail. They said that the hearing was still on, but that I needed to check with the main bailiff to determine which courtroom was holding the hearing. So, I went to talk to the bailiff and sure enough - THE PRETRIAL HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL JUNE! I can't tell you how many times I've been subpoened to testify in a criminal trial, only to have it either dropped or postponed! It is VERY FRUSTRATING! The only good thing is that the criminal will be in jail at least until the hearing in June (or at least that's what they said).

No comments: