Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Much More Productive Today

Just in time for hump day, I'm finally up to full speed. I went to work about noon and my first task was to sign the lease for a new tenant in the 3 bedroom house I've been working with. After signing the paperwork, I worked on the floor in the bedroom of this house, including pulling about 400 staples (where the carpet pad had been). Once the staples were up and the floor was swept, I painted the floor with a gloss brown floor paint. With that accomplished, all the flooring on the main floor is complete. I still need to do some touch-up painting; some cleaning; and replacing the carpet in one room of the basement before the tenant moves in this weekend.

My next task for the day was to work on the camera software for the surveillance system I'm installing. I got all the hardware and two cameras up last week, but the remote viewing function wasn't working properly. I decided that I needed to replace the wireless router with a wired router and also that I needed to do some work with the software (such as port forwarding of the router, etc). The system now appears to be working properly and I can watch the cameras from my laptop at home (or anywhere else with an internet connection).

Finally, I mowed the grass at one of my apartment buildings. Oh yeah, on the way home I stopped at Office Max to buy a new (larger) laptop case for my new laptop.

All in all, a good day's work, or at least as much work as I could have hoped to accomplish in 4 hours.

It rained again this evening, so I didn't get to take a bike ride. I did however, schedule another camping trip for June and ordered a new holster for my Beretta.

No comments: