Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Really Pissed!

The setout for my latest (June) eviction went bad almost immediately this morning. The setout was scheduled at 10 am and when I arrived at 10 am, I immediately suspected that things were not going to be good. There was a lot of trash and debris on the front porch; sidewalk; and front lawn. F_ _ _ YOU was spray painted on the porch facade. The door was open as was one of the front windows. As I pushed the door open, I could see that there was trash all over the place. The carpet that was exactly one year old was ruined. The tenant had shut the refrigerator off and left ice cream in the door, so there was a big pool of melted ice cream on the floor and ice cream drip out from the slightly open door. One window was broken out. Seven mini-blinds had been destroyed. The commode was plugged (probably intentionally). It was a mess. As if this weren't bad enough, the real shock occurred when I opened one of the bedroom doors. There was a very thin cat in the room with absolutely no food and no water with her newly born 8 kittens!!!

That was it - I was now officially REALLY PISSED! I called the police and met an officer at the house to report the animal cruelty. The tenant had a BEAUTIFUL Dodge Charger with custom wheels that was still parked in MY PARKING LOT. I asked the court officer what I could do to get rid of the car. He went to talk to the judge and in a little while returned and informed me that it could be towed to a private impound lot. I immediately called a tow truck and they towed her car away. In Ohio, if the car isn't claimed in 14 days, the impound company can get the title to the car!!!

The really STUPID thing about this tenant is that she is the MANAGER at Dollar General. She has a good job and I filed for a "second cause of action" (i.e. money damages) with the original eviction suit. I will sue her for the damage and I will collect by garnishing her wages. She'll lose 25% of her take-home pay until I get paid off.

This was all unnecessary. She could have paid the rent and avoided this entire situation. She could have voluntarily moved out and cleaned up the house. She could have at least not spray painted grafitti on the stone facade to the porch. She could have done the right thing. Instead, she made me evict her and then set her out; she abandoned a cat with her new kittens without so much as a saucer of water; she left her beautiful car in the parking lot. All of that was enough to piss me off and caused me to press charges for cruelty to animals; have her car towed to the impound lot; and sue her for damages! Yep, SHE'S A MORON!

No comments: