Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Pissed Off Druggie!

This is what the bathroom looks like when you kick out a very pissed off druggie. Unfortunately, I have to take the responsibility for this tenant. He was about 22 years old and had absolutely no eviction or criminal background (at least as an adult). In retrospect, I'll bet he had a juvenile record, but of course I don't have access to that. I met this kid's father and everything seemed very normal. Not long after move-in, he and about 25 of his scumbag friends started dealing drugs from the apartment. I pointed out the security cameras to him and told him to leave IMMEDIATELY or I would do EVERYTHING in my power to have him arrested and sent to jail.

I finally got possession back this morning and the morons had made a mess of the place. The picture above is the bathroom, where they squirted three full bottles of catsup all over the place. The rest of the apartment was vandalized also. Especially clever was that they sprayed the fire extinguisher all over the place. They also carved F.U. (spelled out) into one wall.

The really stupid thing about all this is that I will now keep their entire security deposit as damages AND I filed a police report. CRIMINALS ARE STUPID! In any case, I'm glad they're gone and I'll have the place ready to rent tomorrow!

3 comments:

rentals "R" us said...

My what a mess.
We have tenants we've evicted hopefully leaving on Monday and I am hoping it will go peacefully.

I have a questions about section 8. We have a holdover section 8 tenant who has lost her benefits due to defrauding the system and getting caught. We've been given 30 days notice so we will now be looking for a new section 8 tenant. My question is: Do you get to decide question is -- when you go through section 8, do you get to decide on who gets in or does the housing authority choose?

Thanks for the great writings. I have learned quite a bit here.

beer234 said...

I think you get to decide as I know you get to screen section 8 tennants. The trick is that you need to screen out the applicants based on a common set of criteria so just be prepared to provide your screening criteria and for any you deny specify why based on that criteria. This should also be signed by the applicant prior to your screening as proof that they know what your screening for.

propertymanager said...

Yes, you can pick your own tenant - Section 8 does not do this for you. Just treat them like any other applicant. It's that simple.