Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Friday, February 20, 2009

Off Most of the Week

I started the week thinking that I would be working several days this week. I did actually do some work on Monday and everything started out as planned.

The insurance company scheduled an appoint to meet me on Tuesday at my house to look at my storm-damaged roof. The appointment was scheduled from 1 pm to 3 pm. With the appointment being in the early afternoon, I simply wasn't motivated to go to town before the appointment. As chance would have it, the insurance inspector arrived close to 3 pm. After she left, it was too late to start something for the day. The insurance inspector agreed that the roof was damaged beyond repair, but said she wasn't convinced that wind caused the grit to be removed from the roof. I must admit that I don't quite understand that. We had a hurricane (Ike) come through a few months ago with 80 mph winds and then a tremendous storm last week with 75 mph gusts. I'm pretty sure that the grit on the shingles didn't simply walk away in protest! At any rate, she thought that the insurance company would replace the roof.

The weather then got very cold and dreary and I just couldn't get too motivated to do anything on Wednesday. Part of the problem is that there just isn't a lot to do. I'm caught up on all the maintenance and am making good progress on the 1 bedroom apartment rehab. I did manage to balance my checkbooks while I was watching CNBC, so I guess that was something.

On Thursday, I did finally get back to work. I did several small maintenance items, including: fixing a partially clogged shower drain; installing a hand-held shower wand for a disabled tenant; fixing a cabinet in a Section 8 apartment; patching a hole in drywall; and (most importantly) finishing the trim around the floor I recently installed!

Today and tomorrow, my wife and I have some things to do. Therefore, I'm calling it a week and will try again next week.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: