Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Update on Druggie!

First - an update on my incident with the druggie that I talked about in my blog on Monday. The druggie moved out and was completely out by Monday night at 10 pm. My threats of calling the police; calling the drug task force; and eviction were apparently successful. The good news is that they cleaned the place up and it is ready to re-rent.

The mother of the druggie called me on Tuesday and wanted the security deposit back. I told her to forget it! She still didn't seem to understand what her daughter had done wrong. It's hard to imagine that a mother could be so clueless. I explained to the mother that her daughter had broken her lease with the illegal drug activity in the apartment. Furthermore, the daughter moved out on February 2nd, which means that she owed February rent. The security deposit is being used to cover those damages.

Today is the 5th and almost all of the rents have been collected. I always have a few late payers that pay the $50 late fee, and I'll still be collecting them over the next couple of days. I'm not expecting any evictions this month, as I've talked to the few people that haven't paid yet and all are planning to pay during the 3 Day Notice period. If anyone doesn't pay, I'll evict them.

Today, my main project was to move tools and supplies out of the one-bedroom apartment that I've been using for storage. I'm moving them to the storeroom at the pink elephant which will be my central storage area and is protected by an elaborate alarm system and security cameras. Part of that job was to build some shelves and try to really get things organized. So, I built some shelves today and spent some time arranging things on those shelves according to their purpose (plumbing on one set of shelves, electrical on another, etc). I will be doing the same thing again tomorrow.

No comments: