Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Apartment Turned

The last of my 3 evictions from June was completed yesterday with the setout of a deadbeat. This is the deadbeat that tried to assault me a couple of weeks ago and I was glad to get him out. He had most of the large furniture out, but left a lot of food, trash, and debris. I spent about 2 hours yesterday taking all the stuff out to the street and bagging up the trash. I finished getting this apartment ready to re-rent today by vacuuming and steam-cleaning the carpet; cleaning the kitchen, putting some new carpet in the bathroom; spraying for gnats; and mopping the kitchen floor. I should also mention that I removed the screen door and threw it away. We don't put screen doors on our low income rentals because low income tenants ALWAYS tear them up. This one had the screen damaged, so I just threw the entire thing away.

After finishing the apartment, I went to another 2 bedroom house that we have for rent. I decided to hire a painting crew to paint this house for me. The economy is slow here in Ohio and these painters (that I have used before) were willing to paint the entire exterior of this house for $450 (a good deal). However, there is a carriage house in the back yard that I will be painting. Therefore, I decided to start on that today and I got two sides of the carriage house painted. The painters are scheduled to complete the painting on the house tomorrow.

No comments: