Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Friday, July 4, 2008

Surveillance System Installed

The new surveillance system that I ordered is now installed. The installation went very well and the system is performing beautifully. The only issue that I have is that the internet connection is not working. After discussing the issue with the telephone company technical support (internet company), I discovered that the new internet line is not functioning properly. They will send a tech out Monday.

In the mean time, I have adjusted the cameras and backed up selected segements of video to a DVD. Everything is working very well. I think that I will try adjusting the resolution a little higher, as I'm not satisfied with the picture's clarity on the backup DVD when the resolution is set to normal. There are two settings of higher resolution and I'd like to be able to clearly see the faces of people on the backup, which is what I would take to the police as evidence.

After I'm satisfied with everything and the internet connection is working, then I still need to order the other 4 cameras. I only ordered 4 initially because I want to see if I want different lenses on the remaining cameras.

No comments: