Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Normal Rehab

After a wonderful 4 day weekend, I was back to work yesterday and today. My project this week is to "rehab" our latest 2 bedroom house in preparation for the new tenant moving in. Projects in the rehab include installing new locks; replacing one old window with a new vinyl replacement window; installing a new electrical circuit and 2 outlets (one GFCI) in the kitchen; installing new miniblinds; installing a new electrical circuit for later conversion of the house to electric baseboard heat; fixing a clogged bathtub drain; and painting the exterior of the house.

As of this afternoon, everything has been completed except the electrical work and painting the exterior of the house. I'll finish the electrical work tomorrow morning and then probably start painting on Friday and maybe finish on Saturday (unless something more fun comes up).

In addition to working on the house, I also took a nice bike ride this afternoon with my new self-sealing, flat-proof tube installed in the front tire. The tire did fine and I'm ready for some more mountain biking. I might ride the local mountain bike course tomorrow.

I'd also like to give an update on the new surveillance system. With 7 cameras now installed, the system is working beautifully. The criminals in the neighborhood are very aware that the security cameras are covering the entire area. No doubt this is helping to deter crime in the area and I have high hopes that it will help to deter criminals from even applying to rent these apartments in the future. I'm already planning to install surveillance systems at several other apartment buildings.

No comments: