Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Lost in the Forest!

Yesterday, a friend of mine from Church and I went mountain biking in a nearby state park. Unfortunately, the trails weren't very well marked. We had intended to ride a 2 1/2 mile course which had a lot of steep vertical terrain. Instead, we somehow got on the wrong course and ended up doing a 8 1/2 mile course that was VERY CHALLENGING. The course was very narrow, steep, and rough. Even though the course was challenging, I was doing quite well until I slipped off the narrow course and over a steep dropoff. I ended up flying over the handlebars and smashing into the ground with the bike on top of me. Fortunately, I broke the bike's fall and it wasn't damaged. As for me, a bloody knee and elbow was about all the damage that I incurred. I'll be back to riding my bike in the morning.

Today was day 2 of this month's rent collection period and I was surprised to collect a bunch of rents. Usually the 2nd day of rent collection is very slow. In addition to collecting rent, the DSL link and static IP were installed today for the new surveillance system and I received the surveillance system via FedEx. I spent most of the afternoon checking everything out and learning to operate the camera system. So far, I'm quite happy with the system and I'm looking forward to installing it tomorrow. The only portion of the system that I couldn't check at home was the internet connection. I'm hoping that this will work without incident, as I'm certainly not a computer expert and I can imagine that this could be quite a chore to troubleshoot. I'll report back after I get it going.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mike,

Hope things are well with you.

When I've got a computer glitch that has stumped me...I'll sometimes go to this website:

www.geekstogo.com

They've got a forums area and there's some pretty helpful people there.

-Mike

propertymanager said...

Thanks Mike, I'll check it out!