Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Little Behind on the Blog Posting

It seems that I just haven't had time to post much lately. We are having a very busy summer. I have gotten quite serious about getting into better shape and have been riding my bike nearly every day. Along with a friend from Church, I have been doing a lot of mountain biking and have been riding my bike on a hilly 7 mile course nearly every day. So far, I've lost about 11 pounds, which is a good thing!

In addition to mountain biking, we seem to be involved in a lot of social activities this summer. We've been out late many nights at different parties with our small group at church as well as other people we know. We've also been on several camping trips and will be taking another 4 day weekend next week!

I've also been dedicating a significant amount of time to my rentals this summer, trying to get the pink elephant rehabbed and stabilized. It's been a slow process. In fact, it's been the most challenging project I've undertaken to date. I must admit that I underestimated the tenacity of the druggies and deadbeats in the area. When I've taken over drug infested buildings in the past, I've generally been able to turn them around in about 2-3 months. I've now been working on the pink elephant for a solid 6 months and still have a little way to go before I can declare victory. The recently installed surveillance system has been a great asset. I'm at the point now where the druggies have just about been eradicated and I'm nearly ready to begin refilling the vacant units with new, and better, tenants.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mike,

Its seems the video cams at your apartment was an interesting project for you.

You might want to try a helmet cam for your mountain biking! Its getting very popular.

I just bought one for hunting...

Bginvestor