Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fully Rested!

After a second day of my normal routine, I am now fully rested and fully recovered from last weekend's camping trip! Today was just a routine day of maintenance. My first project was to fix a couple of non-working electrical outlets in one of our apartments. The problem ended up being a blown fuse as a result of one of the electrical outlets being improperly wired. The tenant has just recently moved into this apartment and I don't believe that she would have done anything to the outlet. However, it is crystal clear that someone who knew absolutely nothing about electricity wired this outlet. It was wired in a dead short, which is why the fuse was blown. I've seen stranger things happen, but I'm always amazed when a tenant does unauthorized maintenance (or maybe attempted vandalism). While I was there, I also fixed a loose door hinge and replaced a smoke detector battery that was missing. The tenant claimed that she didn't know how the smoke detector battery became lost, but I'd bet $100 that she used the battery in something else. TENANTS ARE SOOOOOO STUPID!

After working on this apartment, I cleaned out the gutters at one of our duplexes. I also replaced a shutter on this building. The shutter had blown off a while back during a severe storm.

Last on the list was to replace the DVR for my surveillance system at the Pink Elephant. The ethernet port on the DVR failed and it will need to be sent back for replacement (under warranty).

I was home early today and went for a nice bike ride. I have really been seeing a LOT of deer on my rides lately. Tonight, I saw about two dozen in one field and five in another. It's a lot safer to ride through that area on a bike than to drive in a car. Hitting a deer in a car is bad news for both the car and the deer!

No comments: