Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Little This, A Little That

I was back to work today after our action packed 4-day weekend. After another day of work, I should be fully rested.

My morning started with a setout from my latest eviction. The setout went very smoothly, with the tenant carrying our her big screen TV as I arrived at the building. Fortunately, almost everything was out of the apartment and I retook possession without incident. Within a couple of hours, the tenant's friends had picked up all her belongings from the yard. I bagged up the few belongings that were left and carried them to the trash. After sweeping the apartment, I changed the locks and the setout was over - all in less than 30 minutes!

I then spent the next four hours doing some minor repairs and minor rehabbing to the apartment in preparation for the next tenant. This included doing some repairs to the door jam; replacing an old ceiling light in the living room with a brand new one from Lowes ($4.97); texturing one wall; and installing new miniblinds.

Tomorrow, I'll texture another wall in this apartment and I'm also planning to do some rain gutter work on a couple of other buildings. Nothing too exciting on tap for this week, just routine maintenance.

No comments: