Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Friday, August 15, 2008

What do Brooms and Pennies Have in Common?

Brooms and Pennies are two things that are ALWAYS left behind when a low income tenant moves out! Those of you who own rentals know exactly what I'm talking about and are probably laughing right now. I can't tell you how many rentals I've cleaned out and almost everyone had pennies strewn about and a lonely, unused broom sitting quietly in a corner. The apartment that I cleaned out today also had a lightly used Bissell vacuum cleaner and an older Hoover Vacuum. The Hoover was a bag type vacuum and I threw it away (I hate those bags). The Bissell, on the other hand, was nearly new and will make a fine addition to my collection. That's two nice vacuums that I've gotten in the last two rentals I've cleaned out. You can never have too many vacuums in this business.

I also found a nice bucket and a laptop computer. The laptop worked but appeared to have an older operating system and therefore I threw it away. The kitchen was also full of food. I often wonder why people leave the stuff they do. This person was not evicted and gave me an entire month's notice before leaving. He certainly had time to get his stuff, but just didn't do so. It took about 2 hours and 10 LARGE trash bags to clean out the place. It's looking good now and is almost ready to re-rent.

Tomorrow is our monthly men's bike ride and breakfast at church. We'll be riding about 12 miles starting at 8am tomorrow. Have a good weekend!

No comments: