Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Monday, October 6, 2008

The Best Intentions

I had every intention of working today. Unfortunately, no-one told the dishwasher about that. Our dishwasher (at home) broke down yesterday and my wife "encouraged" me (threatened me) to get it fixed today. So, I dug out the manual for the 9 year old machine and read through the troubleshooting section, which was no help. I could not find an electrical schematic for the machine, so I took it apart anyway, looking for anything that may be a problem. When it became obvious that I couldn't track down the problem without a wiring diagram and considering that I don't know much about dishwashers, I called the used appliance store where I buy all the stoves and refrigerators for my rentals. They have a good serviceman there and I asked him to come out to the house and look at the dishwasher. Within an hour, he was at our house and within another hour, he had fixed the machine. That was the best $50 I have spent in a long time and my wife is happy that the diswasher is back in action, which makes me happy!

Since I was home, I decided to fix a light on my motorcycle, which had become loose during last weekend's cross country trip to the Tail of the Dragon. By the time I got that fixed, the stock market was down more than 500 points, and I became interested in watching that.

Next, my accountant called and said that she had a few last minute questions about my personal return. So, I drove to her office to discuss these matters with her. Needless to say, my taxes are on an extension and I've got to send them in by October 15th.

Finally, I went on my daily bike ride. Today, I decided to ride my bike to a nearby state park and to ride up and down a bunch of large hills.

Tomorrow, I am once again planning to do some work related to my rental business. We'll see what happens!

No comments: