Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

You got it!

Several people commented on yesterday's blog entitled "New Scam" and everyone saw the same thing that I did. The tenant faked a gas leak and wanted me to hire her "uncle" to fix the leak. The purpose of this scam was to bill me for a non-existent gas leak and then she would use the money to have her gas turned back on (it was shut off for non-payment). The moral of this story is that you should NEVER trust anything a tenant says. I assume that everything a tenant says is suspect until proven otherwise and most of the time - I'm right!

Today, I had a meeting with the bank about renewing my line of credit. I had to take in a financial statement, rent roll, tax returns (both personal and business), and an updated business plan. The banker said that the line of credit should be renewed in the next couple of weeks.

After my meeting at the bank, I went to the Pink Elephant to install a new stainless steel sink. Very few projects ever go as planned, but this was one of them. Everything went smoothly! I guess there's a first time for everything.

Tomorrow, I'm installing electric baseboard heat in one of my two bedroom houses. The tenant applied for a grant to have the house made more energy efficient and that was approved. So, as soon as I install the electric baseboard heat, the local CHIP Program is going to insulate the house and do other things to make it more efficient. I had to sign a contract with this program that I would keep the property for 5 years and not raise the rent on the tenant because of the increased efficiency. DONE!!! What a deal!

No comments: