Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Work, Work, Work!

The third time really is a charm and after having the last two days off, I got back to work on my rentals. In fact, I got a LOT done! I started out this morning making a couple of commercial loan payments and going to the post office for stamps. Next, I went to one of my apartments that has had a persistent roof leak, the idea being to check it during the rain. As luck would have it, even though it was raining, the roof wouldn't cooperate (and leak) while I was there.

My next project was to clean out the basement at one of my 2 bedroom houses that I just rented and wait for the gas company to show up to turn the gas on. The timing worked out great as I got the basement cleaned up just as the gas company tech arrived. The tech turned on the gas, but wouldn't light the furnace because he thought it needed to be inspected. He didn't red-tag it, but he just wouldn't light it. I am not a gas furnace expert, so I called the professional I use for HVAC and he arrived within a half-hour. He disassembled the burners, cleaned the unit, installed a new thermocouple, re-assembled everything, lit the furnace, and checked for carbon monoxide - all for $75! Money well spent.

The Pink Elephant was my next stop, where I painted both bedrooms; repaired and painted the kitchen cabinets; and measured the bedrooms for new carpet.

That was it for today! All in all, a very productive day.

I arrived home in time to watch the final hour of stock market trading, which once again ended down (189 points). Tomorrow's stock market should be interesting because the ban on short selling (of the financials) ends at midnight tonight! I think the market still has a long way to go and I'm hoping that the coming DEPRESSION will allow this country to reset the clock on capitalism. What no-one is talking about is that our entire country is broke. We've promised everything to everyone with all these silly entitlements and we simply can't afford it anymore. At some point, personal responsibility and sanity MUST return to our country and I'm hoping that the depression will allow that to occur. Housing is NOT a right. Healthcare is NOT a right. Success is NOT a right. Profitability is NOT a right. Once we realize this, maybe this country can get back on the right track. Freedom is a right - the freedom to succeed or fail based on how hard and smart you work!

No comments: