Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Back to work!

We had a great time snowboarding these last 2 days. After the terribly cold weather of this past week and the filthy rehab, I was ready for a break. This is only my second year of snowboarding and I'm still working on it. I have goals for my snowboarding just like I do for my rental property business. My goal for this year is to learn to snowboard "goofy" (which means with my right foot forward) and to learn the half pipe and some basic jumps. As of this weekend, I am happy to report that I have learned to land the basic jumps and also am doing quite well with the half-pipe.

Today, I reported back to the real world and did a little work (very little). Actually, my day started with getting one of my eyes zapped with a lazer. This was to correct compliciations from an earlier surgery. After the eye zapping, I repaired a gas heater and changed an electrical outlet in one of our apartment buildings. The electrical outlet needed to be changed becausea the tenant had replaced a 20 amp breaker with a 30 amp breaker, which nearly caused a fire when a space heater and a vacuum cleaner were both plugged into the outlet. Fortunately, the tenant unplugged the vacuum and heater when smoke started pouring out of the outlet. The wire insulation was burned back about 4 inches. You can never underestimate the stupidity of some tenants!

After about an hour of that, my eye was irritated so I decided to take the rest of the day off. That is what I like the most about owning a rental property business. I can work when I want to. I don't need anyone's permission to take the day off and the rent still comes in whether I work or not. Of course, if there is maintenance to do, I have to do it sometime. However, because I only work on average 3-4 hours each day, I can do it anytime. That leaves plenty of time for taking a lot of time off: for snowboarding; camping; motorcycle riding; taking an eye health day; or whatever.

I'm planning to get back to my normal 3-4 hour workday tomorrow.

No comments: