Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Messy Part is Done!


These pictures may give you an idea of the absolute mess that I cleaned up today. Any guess what that big brown spot is in the tub? (hint: that's what happens when the water has been shut off; the toilet is full; and the drug addict needs to use the bathroom) YUK! After finishing the tub, I threw my scraper and gloves away. Do the gurus ever mention this crap in their multi-thousand dollar seminars? Welcome to the real world of being a landlord!
Fortunately, the messy cleanup is over. I cleaned out both the kitchen and bathroom. I also replaced the fire extinguisher and smoke alarm battery. Low income tenants like to remove the smoke alarm batteries for use in their CD players. Who cares about a fire so long as your CD player is working??? I wonder if these misplaced priorities are why the tenants ARE tenants?
The rehab is nearing completion. With today's 3 hours of work, I'm estimating that only one more day will be needed to complete the rehab and have this apartment ready to rent. The rehab will have to wait. After church tomorrow, I'm going skiing. I'm seriously thinking about taking Monday off also (for some more skiing). After today, I'm ready for a break!

1 comment:

Trisha#1 said...

Wow, that's revolting. You are a better man than anyone I know!