Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Saturday, February 24, 2007

New Windows Finally In

I finally got back to my little rehab project today. The two new (surplus) windows that I bought the other day are now in. I had planned to do this earlier in the week, but things just kept getting in the way of my plans. So, I'm finally happy to get this little project done.

While I was working on the apartment, I also steam cleaned the carpet. The carpet is only one year old, but is now in bad condition. Even with the steam cleaning, it still does not look good. I'm going to try some commercial spot cleaner on the bad spots Monday, but if that doesn't improve the carpet, I'll have to decide about replacing the carpet.

I also showed one of our apartments and one of our duplexes today to prospective tenants. I don't think that either are a good prospect.

Finally, I got a call from one of the tenants who said that her electric had gone out in the living room. She claimed to have checked the circuit breakers and didn't find any that had tripped. I went to the house to check the electric. I found that circuit breaker had indeed tripped and I reset it. After a couple of questions, the tenant said that she had a television, electric space heater, phone, and vacuum all plugged into the same circuit. I cautioned her about plugging so much into a single circuit and left.

Tomorrow is church and Monday I'm taking the day off for some more snowboarding. Back to the rehab on Tuesday!

No comments: