Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Best Setout Ever!

As usual, my eviction went right down to the last second. We had the court portion of the case a few days ago and this morning at 10 am was the setout. I met the court baliff at the property at 10 am and to my surprise the tenant was gone and the property was clean. He had even swept the floors. I guess that there's a first for everything!

I had an applicant that wanted to see this apartment when it was empty, so I invited the applicant over to look at the apartment. I had already screened this applicant and she immediately said that she would take the apartment. More importantly, she had the CASH in her pocket (now it's in my pocket)! Whenever I can fill an apartment the same day it goes empty, I'm a happy, happy landlord!

After I finished the paperwork with this new tenant, I moved on to my next job which was to seal the metal roof on one of my single family houses. I already had the sealant, but didn't have a brush. Therefore, I had to run to Lowes for a brush to spread the sealant. Sealing the roof took about an hour. Then, I had 3 families scheduled to look at another rental. Two of the three filled out applications for this rental and the third filled out an application for one of my other rentals. It was a very good day!

No comments: