Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Floor Day!

I try to be as efficient as I can. If fact, I MUST be efficient if I'm to live my semi-retired life of managing and maintaining several dozen rentals while only working 3-4 hours per day and having a lot of 3-4 day weekends. To that end, I try to arrange the maintenance and rehabbing so that I do one task per day, but often on multiple properties.

For example, today was Floor day, meaning that all my projects today focused on floors. I started the day by replacing a stair tread at the Pink Elephant that was in bad condition. Next, I painted the floor (with high gloss floor paint) at my vacant 2 bedroom house. From there, I moved to a 2 bedroom apartment that just became vacant and painted the floor in one room.

Tomorrow will be day 2 of floor day as I need to finish the floors in the apartment that I started today and then move to a second apartment to do the floors there.

Next week, I'll have Roof Day. I've got three roofs that need attention.

The only call from a tenant that I received today was from a tenant that was paying the rent late (along with her $50 late fee). Gotta love those late fees!

No comments: