Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Section 8 Vouchers

Section 8 just handed out a bunch of vouchers to new Section 8 tenants. Therefore, I've been very busy trying to get the tenants placed in my remaining rentals and doing all the associated paperwork. All of my 3 bedroom rentals are now filled. I have two 2-bedroom rentals and one 1 bedroom rental left.

The only problem is that I still have one Section 8 rental to rehab and another that needs a little attention before the Section 8 inspections on Tuesday. I normally do all the work myself, but I simply don't have enough time to get everything done comfortably before next Tuesday. So, I called a painter that I have used on occassion to get a little help with painting the interior of the house. He will bring his crew over tomorrow to help me knock out the painting on the house. I hate to hire someone else for something I can do myself, but I want to pass the inspections on Tuesday. Passing the inspections will mean that I will start receiving rent on those rentals June 1st. Failing the inspections could mean a delay in receiving the rent.

No comments: