Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Paperwork

I've gotten a lot done the last couple of days, including many paperwork type things. It all began yesterday morning, when I called my attorney to arrange for the title search on the house I'm buying. Next, I worked on balancing the checkbook for one of my companies and then did a little work on my taxes. Today, I tracked down a late payment from a local goverment agency who had committed to paying the security deposit for one of my tenants. They claimed that they sent out the payment more than a month ago. It must have gotten lost in the mail. After several phone calls, they agreed to cut me a new check and I drove over to their office to pick it up in person. It was only a few hundred bucks, but every dollar counts!

In addition to all the paperwork, I got a significant amount of painting done on the pink elephant yesterday. Normally, I only work about 3-4 hours each day, but yesterday was one of only a few sunny days we've had in the last month, so I spent several hours painting. The building is starting to look a LOT better. It's just amazing how much different one coat of paint can make on a building that hasn't been painted in many decades!

Today, I spent the entire day working on my nicest 3 bedroom house. I've already got it rented for next month and was working on cleaning and repairing a few things in preparation for the new tenant. I cleaned the stove and refrigerator; fixed a broken window; did a little painting; patched a couple of holes; cleaned drawers and cabinets; installed a fire extinguisher; replaced a door closure cylinder; replaced 2 missing closet door handles; etc.

More work tomorrow!

No comments: