Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Monday, November 12, 2007

Drive By "S.O.B."

I have been called a "slumlord" so many times that I can't possibly remember them all. After all, that is the standard refrain from tenants when they screw up and must be evicted. In my experience, tenants rarely accept responsibility for their actions and therefore will almost always blame the landlord for their shortcomings.

However, today something new happened. I was cleaning out one of our apartments when a van drove by and the woman shouted "you Son of a B****! I immediately recognized it as the woman that I evicted last week. In fact, her setout is coming up this Thursday at 10 am and I haven't seen any evidence that they are moving out yet. I don't know how she knew where I was or if she just happened to be driving by, but this apartment is several blocks from her rental.

As I exited the apartment again a few minutes later, the woman was now walking on the sidewalk outside the apartment building and talking about me on the phone to someone. I heard her say "yes, he's here", as she looked straight at me. That was just a little bit spooky and I was very cautious the rest of the day. You never know when one of these tenants will snap and do something stupid. I always carry my handgun for protection. Fortunately, nothing bad happened today and I'll continue to be extra vigilant for the next couple of weeks.

I'm hoping the tenants will be out of the house before the setout on Thursday, but I doubt it. I have had setouts in the past that required the police to be there the entire day to keep the tenant from becoming violent.

THE RENTAL BUSINESS IS NEVER DULL!

No comments: