Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Typical Day

Nothing too exciting to report today. In fact, it was just a typical day in the rental property business. It was quite cold today, so I didn't leave for work until about 11am. No sooner than I got in the truck, I received a call from a potential tenant that wanted to look at my 2 bedroom house. So, I went to show that house before I started working on the rental. When I finally arrived at the rental, I started by removing the old, nasty carpet. This was quite a job because someone in the past had nailed part of it down, even though there were tack strips in-place. After I removed all the carpet and took it to the truck, I removed the old vertical blinds and headed to the dump with an entire truck load of carpet, blinds, and other trash. After dumping the trash, I made my daily trip to Lowes and bought miniblinds for the windows and carpet for the living room and stairs. Back at the rental, I installed the new mini-blinds. By then, it was after 3pm and I decided to head home. Tomorrow, I plan to install all the carpet and have the apartment just about finished.

The true beauty of having a rental property business will rapidly present itself in the form of WINTER! When the weather turns a little colder, my rental property business will allow me to spend many days snowboarding, while others are working their 9-5. That's what I love about the rental property business - the freedom to do what I want, when I want to do it!!!

1 comment:

rentals "R" us said...

I'm glad I found your blog. I will be back to read some more.
I like the idea of going away int eh winter because of all the work you did beforehand.