Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Out of 3's!

I'm now officially out of one-bedroom, three-bedroom, and four-bedroom apartments and houses. I rented my last three-bedroom duplex yesterday. YEAH! I still have 3 two-bedroom rentals left, but only 1 two-bedroom house is rent ready. I'm very happy that we're almost full again! It certainly would be nice to have a good occupancy during the winter.

I received a call from the Bailiff yesterday. The setout for the tenant I evicted the other day is on the 15th. I am not happy about that! That is 9 days after the eviction hearing. Ohio law requires the deadbeats to be setout within 10 days, so this is the next to last day! This is a VERY NICE 2-3 bedroom house and I'd like to get it re-rented. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about it (other than vent my frustration here). UGH!

Today, I will be heading out to the double-wide to continue with the block laying. My goal is to finish the blockwork this week and the rest of the project next week. Then, I can refi to get my money back and I'll be ready to buy the next four.

It is starting to get chilly here in Ohio, so I probably won't go to work today until noon. During nicer weather, I usually work 11am to 2pm, but in the colder weather I think noon to 3pm will be warmer (especially for laying blocks). Also, during the winter, I usually work fewer days than during the summer. During the summer, there are outdoor projects to do and it's easy to work 3-4 days each week. During the winter, there is not as much to do and I'll probably cut back to two or three 3-hour days per week. Besides the lower volume of work, snowboarding season will be starting in about one month. I like to snowboard during the week while most other people are working and the kids are in school. It's almost like having the "mountain" to yourself. With the kids in school, I can also get a lot of practice in the terrain park (and I need it).

No comments: