Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving is over and most Americans have been stuffed with turkey, dressing, and pumpkin pie! We take this one day each year to be thankful and that is well justified. As a nation, we are truly blessed and have a lot to be thankful for. One of the things that I am most thankful for is the freedom that we have in this nation to be anything we can dream of (and are willing to work for).

For me, that means owning a rental property that allows me to be semi-retired at a relatively young age. In my opinion, this is truly the best business in the world. I make a nice income and only work 3-4 hours per day, 3-4 days per week (12-16 hours per week). I also have the freedom to set my own schedule, which is everything to me.

I write this blog to give new investors a look at the REAL WORLD of owning a rental property business (as opposed to all the silly guru hype out there). Therefore, I am constantly writing about what I'm doing. That means talking about evictions and terrible tenants. That means talking about stolen copper water lines. That means talking about fixing leaky toilets and damage caused by angry tenants. All of that IS the reality of my daily adventure in the rental property business. However, that is not the entire story.

I guess that I should set the record straight. When I talk about the tenant from hell, that's because there isn't anything to say about the 90% of tenants who are absolutely no trouble. When I talk repairing a leaky toilet, that's because there is nothing to say about the dozens of toilets that are not leaking. Yes, there are challenges in the rental property business (and in all other businesses), but when all is said and done, this is a GREAT business!

So, on this last day of the Thanksgiving weekend, I'd just like to set the record straight. Most tenants are good tenants. Most of my buildings require no maintenance at any given time. Most of the week, I'm not working thanks to my rental property business. I never need to set an alarm clock or ask a boss for anything. Starting in the next couple of weeks, there will probably be a lot of weekdays when I don't do any work on my rentals. While the rest of America will be at their 9-5 job, I'll be working hard on my snowboarding technique.

I am thankful for my rental property business!

No comments: