Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Friday, November 16, 2007




Yesterday was setout day for the deadbeats at one of my best single family houses. Above are the pictures of the refrigerator and the upstairs bedroom, but the rest of the house looked the same. It was a mess and I was surprised at the large amount of stuff they left. Although it was a mess, there were many nice toys; a lot of clothes; some furniture; an air conditioner; and an entire kitchen full of food. I've got to admit - I don't get it. Why would someone leave so much of their stuff? They must have been in complete denial that they were being thrown out. Despite all the junk, what really makes me angry at these scumbag deadbeats is that they abandoned a young kitten. When I arrived yesterday to meet the court bailiff at the house, the kitten was sitting on the front step - cold, hungry, and thirsty. At first, I wasn't sure that the kitten belonged to these people, because they weren't allowed to have pets and I had never seen a pet. However, as I was cleaning up the house, I found a nearly full bag of kitten food in the house. They must have just gotten the kitten and then just abandoned it. As far as I'm concerned they are just THE SCUM OF THE EARTH!


Of course, to offset the lost rent and damage I am keeping the tenant's security deposit. Normally, we'll just drop things at this point. However, I am so infuriated by the tenants making such a mess intentionally and really infuriated about them abandoning a kitten, that I am going forward with our second cause of action for money damages. In fact, I called my lawyer yesterday and told her to proceed! We will probably never collect, but I will ruin their credit and do my best to cause them misery for the next few years. Probably not the best business decision, but I want to ensure that they know that I am not happy and that not everyone will let deadbeats slide. This will have one positive benefit, in that they will undoubtedly spread the word about what I'm doing to them. That will cause other deadbeats to think twice before applying for one of my rentals - A GOOD THING!






No comments: