Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Monday, February 25, 2008

Flood of Applicants!

After a very discouraging past couple of weeks (as it pertains to finding new tenants), I had an absolute flood of applicants looking for housing today. I had applicants today that said they will take my 1-bedroom apartment; two 2-bedroom apartments; two 2-bedroom houses; and my 3-bedroom house. Of course, nothing is done until I have CASH for the rent and security deposit. We'll see tomorrow if anyone actually will follow through and put their money where their mouth is!

I received a call yesterday from my attorney concerning the lawsuit. We will be countersuing the tenant and his mother for damages, including attorney fees since fraud is involved. It will be interesting to see how the lawsuit develops.

2 comments:

rentals "R" us said...

How did you advertise? We've used the internet and road signs. Both seem to work. Road signs bring in more callers but to necessarily more potential tenants.

propertymanager said...

We run an ad continuously in the local newspaper, have signs in the yard, and have a website. Getting calls is not the problem - I get about 40 calls a day from potential tenants. The problem is that the vast majority are criminals or have been evicted! Ohio is full of druggies and deadbeats!