Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Friday, February 1, 2008

My Favorite Day of the Month!

Today was my favorite day of the month - the 1st day of rent collection! My entire mission for the 1st four days of each month is to collect the rent. Today went quite well and I collected a bunch of rents today.

On my way to collect the first rent, I received a call from one of the tenants at my newest apartment building. The police were there and were talking to a druggie that had been banned from the property. This druggie was arrested about two weeks ago and was just released from jail. I talked to the officer and expressed my desire that the druggie be arrested if at all possible. During the course of the day, the police were at the building at least 4 times (I was there three of those times). This property is an absolute mess and I'm in the early stages of cleaning it up and getting rid of the riff-raff. I have now finished reading all the recent police reports for the property and have a good understanding of who the troublemakers are. Now, it's just a matter of getting rid of them.

In addition to collecting rents today, I also showed rentals to a couple of applicants. The number of calls from potential tenants is increasing, probably as people are getting their tax returns. I'm looking forward to getting my vacant units rented, so getting more calls is a good thing.

Finally, I started putting my tax info into Quickbooks Pro today. I'll try to do a little each day and I'm hoping to be done by the end of the month.

No comments: