Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Nuisance Board Meeting

My meeting with our city's nuisance board went quite well. Fortunately, I wasn't asked to attend. I volunteered to meet with them to discuss the Rat's Nest (my new drug infested apartment building). The previous owner had received multiple fines on this building because of all the criminal activity at the building and I wanted to meet with the board to let them know that we would be getting the property straightened up. To that end, I wrote up a Nuisance Abatement Plan and presented it to the board. As part of the plan, I let them know that we already had two pending evictions and would be evicting everyone who couldn't behave. Of course, we will also do a cosmetic rehab on the property as soon as the weather warms up.

The board was happy that I was being proactive and they agreed to give me whatever time was needed to straighten things up! I agreed to give them an update at their next monthly meeting.

No comments: