Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Always Unpredictable

I was back to work today with my rental property business. As always, things were very unpredictable. Although I'm currently at a very high occupancy rate, I did have a few rentals available including one 1-bedroom apartment; two 2-bedroom apartments; one 2-bedroom house; and one 5-6 bedroom house. I had already shown all these units several times and believed that I would receive the money for most of them today. Of course, nothing went as planned. The Section 8 tenant for the 2 bedroom house bailed out at the last minute. I think the reason is that she couldn't afford to have the gas turned on. Another Section 8 tenant bailed out of the 5-6 bedroom house, because she couldn't come up with the deposit and her portion of the rent.

I did get the deposit on the 1-bedroom apartment and I have another tenant that will supposedly have the money for one of the 2-bedroom apartments tomorrow. Another couple looked at the 2-bedroom house and claims they will take it tomorrow and a young pregnant woman looked at the other 2-bedroom apartment and claims to want that.

I did a little finish work on my 2 bedroom house today and I am within a hour or two of finishing it so that someone can move in. Tomorrow, I'm going to steam clean the carpet and do a couple of finish items and hopefully get it rented.

I also picked up the bikes from the bike shop today. I was shocked that the bill was only $93 for both bikes. I guess there are still a few things that are a good value.

No comments: