Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Back to Business

It was back to the rental property business today. I started the day by taking my mountain bike and my friend's mountain bike to the bike shop. They will be done Friday morning!

Next, I went to Lowes to get materials to build my first shelving unit for the storeroom in the Pink Elephant (my pink apartment building). I decided to build shelves instead of buying them for two reasons: 1) to save a little money, and 2) to make stronger shelves. The shelves that I made today were 4 feet high, 4 feet long, and 2 feet deep, with 3 shelves spaced 18 inches apart. The shelves were made from 2 X 4's and 1/2" OSB board. It took about an hour to build the shelves, which I am using to store all my paint. While at the Pink Elephant, I also arranged the rest of the storeroom by type of material. As I said, all the paint went on the shelves. Next to the paint went the cleaning supplies (including the vacuum cleaners and the steam cleaner). In the next aisle, I put the electrical supplies, lighting supplies, and plumbing supplies. The next aisle has all the building materials: wood, doors, windows, etc. In the forth aisle is carpentry tools, drywall tools and materials, and concrete tools. I'm looking forward to building more shelves and getting everything very well arranged.

After completing the shelves, I showed two apartments and one house to applicants. I've already checked these applicants out: two are ok and one is a druggie.

Next on the agenda was to cut up the tree that fell down at one of my duplexes. I got most of the lower limbs cut up this afternoon but will need a ladder to get the higher stuff tomorrow. When the tree fell, the top of it landed on another tree at the opposite side of the yard. Part of the tree is still suspended about 10 feet off the ground by the other tree and a very tough phone line. I will try to cut out most of the tree top before cutting the limbs that will allow it to fall the rest of the way to the ground. Obviously, I'll need to be careful, but I think it can be done safely.

Tomorrow, I will be finishing the rehab on my 2 bedroom house that is being inspected by Section 8 on Friday.

No comments: