Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Friday, September 12, 2008

Failed!

I have a very good record passing my Section 8 inspections. In fact, the inspectors have told me that I am one of the few landlords that frequently passes the inspection the first time. I am proud of that fact and do my best to pass them all the first time.

I had a Section 8 inspection this morning on my 6 bedroom house. This is a very nice house and I didn't anticipate any problems. As we walked through the house, everything was looking good until we walked into the downstairs bathroom. The inspector asked where the exhaust fan was and of course the answer was that there wasn't one!!! It hadn't even occurred to me that the downstairs bathroom didn't have a window or an exhaust fan (one of which is required). The upstairs bathroom has a fan, but both bathrooms need one. So, the short story is that I failed the inspection. The only good news is that the inspector said that he would be back in the area in a few days and he will be happy to re-inspect it at that time.

No comments: