Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Friday, November 28, 2008

Better Late Than Never

I finally got started working on my rentals for this week. I know that it's Friday, but at least I did finally get started. My main project today was to prepare a 3 bedroom house for the next renter. Today, I replaced 9 miniblinds; replaced an ugly toilet seat; installed a new shower curtain; installed new lightbulbs in the bathroom vanity; and did other miscellaneous projects. In addition, I measured the kitchen for new laminate flooring. This kitchen previously had an old wood floor that I painted, but I'm really not satisfied with the condition of the floor. Vinyl simply won't last in rentals and I haven't been having very good luck with commercial carpet in the kitchen, so I'm going to try some of this laminate. Lowes has it on sale for 77 cents per square foot and I have a 10% off coupon in addition to that.

After working on that unit for a couple of hours, I went to another 2 bedroom house to measure that kitchen for laminate also. This kitchen has vinly flooring that is about 3 years old. It is now in bad enough condition that it needs to be replaced.

I'm planning on working another few hours tomorrow. The project for tomorrow is to fix two small roof leaks. The temperature for tomorrow should be about 50 degrees, which should be perfect for roof work.

No comments: