Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Drying Out

It was another very nice winter day here in Ohio. The temperature was nearly 50 degrees which made it a perfect day to work on a couple of roofs. So, I stopped at Lowes to pick up the roof cement; some metal flashing to use as a patch on one roof; and I also picked up some wood laminate for kitchen floors in two rentals. This worked out very well because the laminate was on sale for 77 cents per square foot and I had a coupon to get an additional 10% off the entire order. They only had 19 boxes of the laminate left, so I just bought them all. That should give me enough to do the two kitchens and have enough left over for another room. I've had laminate in rentals before, but I've never installed it myself. I'm looking foward to getting started (just for the fun of doing something new).

I believe that I was successful in repairing both roof leaks, but I won't know until we have a good rain.

After working on the roofs, I went to Walmart to get a new battery for my truck. The truck barely started this morning and I have never replaced the battery, so it was certainly due.

If I have time tomorrow afternoon, I may install the laminate in one of the kitchens. Our small group at Church is cancelled due to Thanksgiving and I'm anxious to give it a try! I'll let you know how it goes and I'll try to take "before and after" pictures to post.

No comments: