Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Monday, November 10, 2008

Cleaning up

I got a lot of work done today on one of my 1-bedroom apartments. This is a unit that had a move-out this month and needed a little work to be ready to rent again. The tenant took almost everything with him, but did leave a couch and dresser. The couch was in excellent condition and the dresser was old (maybe even an antique).

I had another low income tenant that didn't have a couch, so I gave her the couch and the dresser. Her family came and moved it.

Once that was gone, I swept the floors and picked up the rest of the small things that are always left in rentals: an ink pen, pennies, some pieces of paper, etc. Next on the agenda was fixing a bad spot in the ceiling with a small piece of new drywall. That consisted of installing the drywall, taping it, and spreading the drywall mud on the new piece. After the drywall job was complete, I
painted the wood floors.

As I was finishing up, I received a call from another tenant who reported that her stove didn't work. She said the light was on, but none of the burners or the oven would work. That sounded like a blown circuit breaker to me and I told the tenant that I would stop by to check it out. Sure enough, the circuit breaker was tripped. I reset the circuit breaker and checked out the stove - all OK.

That was it for my big day today. Tomorrow's another day and I'm sure that I'll find something to do.

No comments: