Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Friday, December 12, 2008

New Tenant Moved In

Today's main project was to get the lease signed with the new tenant for one of my 1 bedroom apartments. The tenant was moving from Kentucky and didn't arrive until about 11:30. I had to finish moving all my supplies out of the apartment and I also installed a shower curtain rod around the claw foot tub. I make the shower curtain rods myself, which allow the claw foot tubs to be used as a shower. The reason that I make them is because the kits that you can buy to accomplish this are expensive and easily damaged by tenants. So, after some experimentation, I determined that the best way to make a tenant-safe shower ring is to use 1 1/4 inch PVC with floor flanges that screw into the wall. I can make a complete shower ring all the way around the tub for less that $40 as opposed to about $140 for the kit from the plumbing store. The floor flanges are the most expensive part of the project at about $7 each but they are cast iron and therefore indestructable by the tenants. About the worst thing the tenants can do to it is destroy the PVC pipe, which is very inexpensive.

I didn't do anything else today and won't be doing any rental related stuff this weekend. Our church is having our annual Christmas Cantada this weekend and my part is to run the projection. So, I'll be busy tomorrow with practice and then we'll have the Cantada both tomorrow evening and Sunday morning. It will be a busy weekend.

No comments: