Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Painting again

I started the day with a 10 minute job to replace the element in the oven at one of my 3 bedroom houses. No big deal.

The rest of my time today was spent painting the floor in a 3 bedroom duplex and then painting the kitchen in the 1 bedroom apartment that I've been working on. Nothing too exciting.

I did have an interesting call from a prospective tenant today. She asked about one of my two bedroom houses. She asked if she could see it and I explained my screening criteria to her. After I got done, I asked if everyone that would live there would meet the criteria. Her answer was very telling. "I will be the only one on the lease and I will pass the criteria", even though she already told me that her mother and boyfriend would be living there. The translation of her answer is "my mother and boyfriend have evictions and a criminal record, so I'll be the one to apply". Needless to say, I wasn't fooled and I said "no thanks"!

No comments: