Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Friday, January 30, 2009

Home from the Road

I arrived home from my trip last evening. All in all, it was a nice trip. My wife had a good time at her conference and we had some fun time also. My wife and I ended up seeing Gran Torino on Wednesday night. It was a good movie, but I would have enjoyed it more if Clint Eastwood would have done more shooting!

One of readers of this blog, Robin, suggested that I see Defiance. I saw it yesterday afternoon while my wife was at the conference and it was an excellent movie. It is the true story of the Russian resistance during WWII. Lots of action and a great story! I highly recommend it.

I spent today catching up from the days I was gone. I spent the morning paying bills and this afternoon, I cut up one of the many trees that fell due to the ice storm. Today's project was cutting up and removing my tree limbs that fell in a neighbor's yard at one of my duplexes. Fortunately, the limbs didn't do too much damage, although they did knock down all her utility lines and damaged a couple of boards in her privacy fence. I spent about an hour and a half cutting up the limbs and removing them. I'll pick up a couple of fence boards tomorrow to fix her fence.

After I finished with the fence, I worked on the ice covered sidewalks at the Pink Elephant. Fortunately, the ice is very rough (and about 1 1/2 inches thick) and not very slippery. I've treated them three times with ice melt and was able to get part of the ice broken up and shoveled.

Tomorrow, I've got another tree to cut up and some more ice to work on. I also need to decide which unit I will rehab next. With only one rental available, I need to get moving on the last couple of un-rehabbed units I have left to do.

No comments: