Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Long Distance Landlording Part Deux!

I'm still on the road with my wife at her conference. Today, I would just like to provide an update on my long distance landlording experience. As anyone knows that has watched TV the past few days, we had a significant (once a year) winter storm go through the area. The storm dumped a few inches of snow, followed by an inch of solid ice, followed by another 4 inches of snow. The roads yesterday were a disaster with parts of the interstate shut down and accidents just about everywhere. Electricity was out in many areas; power lines were down; trees and limbs fell due to the weight of the ice; and businesses were closed. It was a mess.

I received two calls from people yesterday regarding the storm, both to report downed tree limbs. One of these calls was from a tenant at one of my apartment buildings, where several large tree limbs were down. No one was injured and no damage occurred at that building. The other call I received was from a neighbor of one of my duplexes. She reported that a large part of one of my trees had fallen, pulling down her phone and cable lines and damaging her privacy fence. I told her that I was out of town, but would clean up the tree on Friday and replace the damaged section of the fence. As I've said before, I don't like trees on rental properties and will work again this summer to have as many cut down as possible.

No comments: