Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Shoes at a Discount!

Freezing drizzle, wind, snow flurries, clouds, and cold - those are a good description of our weather today. In fact, it was an absolutely miserable and gloomy day here in Ohio today. I had intended to do some work on rentals, but after hearing the cold wind howl and seeing the gloomy weather, I decided to take it easy today. As a confirmed political junky, it was a good day to stay home. I watched the Hillary Clinton confirmation hearings, which were quite interesting. A big topic at the hearings was the money that Bill Clinton has made, especially from foreign governments. I knew that Bill Clinton had made a lot of money with his overseas speeches and consulting, but today I heard that the number might be $500 MILLION! WOW! I think we're all in the wrong business. Where do I sign up to give speeches to the Saudis?

Late this afternoon, I decided to go to K-mart to buy a new cellphone case. My old one lasted all of one month before falling completely apart. I bought it at WalMart, so I decided to see if K-mart would have a better one. While at K-mart, I hit the discount jackpot by finding a pair of very nice hiking boots for $15 on a clearance table! I felt like I had found a $100K house for $10K! That's one thing that real estate has taught me. Whether I'm shopping for a rental property, a car, or a pair of shoes, I want to buy at a HUGE DISCOUNT! In addition, I have learned that sometimes a deal appears even when you're not looking for one and you need to be prepared to take advantage of it. You can always do better than retail with a little effort!

While I was getting my stuff at K-mart, I received two calls from people that wanted to look at 2 different houses. So, since I was already in town, I agreed to show them the houses. They both seemed interested, but neither put down any money. I'd like to get them rented and based on the number of calls I'm receiving, I feel confident that I'll have them rented soon.

On the way home, I also stopped by the duplex where I fixed the front stairs yesterday to pick up the cones that I left.

I'm planning to actually get something done tomorrow. No more goofing around!

No comments: