Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Section 8 Tenant Approved!

Yesterday, I had a Section 8 tenant fill out an application and give me his "Request for Tenancy". I screened the applicant this morning (all ok) and took his paperwork to the local Section 8 office. Late this afternoon, I received a call from the local Section 8 director asking if they could do the inspection tomorrow. That's great, because it will allow me to start getting paid for the property. However, the house needs a new water heater and I'll have to do that tomorrow morning before the inspection. It currently has a gas water heater, but I'll be replacing it with an electric one. I also have a ceiling light to install.

Today, I showed a couple of rentals to prospective tenants and continued my waterline replacement project in one of my 3 bedroom duplexes. I have now completed my work on the cold water portion of the waterlines. Sometime in the next few days, I'll do the hot water side. As usual, I'm replacing the old copper and galvanized water lines with PEX. The PEX offers many advantages in that it won't corrode and won't break when frozen.

The temperature here tonight will be below zero, and I'm hoping that I won't have any frozen water lines to fix tomorrow (or worse yet, tonight)!

No comments: