Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Friday, April 6, 2007

1,000 Pounds Lighter!

Today, I spent my typical 4-hours of work trashing out a vacant unit in one of our new duplexes. The 3-bedroom apartment was absolutely filled with trash and junk. I filled up the bed of my pickup and a 10 foot trailer with all the stuff and took it to the dump. The debris weighed almost exactly 1,000 pounds.

There is a tremendous demand for 3 bedroom rentals in our area right now. This unit needs a lot of work: paint (inside and out), carpet, bathroom sink and cabinet, possibly some new windows, new electric baseboard heaters and associated wiring, etc. I am planning to have it done in about 2 weeks and rented for May.

After the work on the duplex, I picked up the final rent for the month. This was a very unusual month as I had two tenants pay late (1 day and 2 days late). Both paid our $50 late fee. We are very strick with the rent. The rent is due on the 1st; late after 5pm on the fourth; we post 3 day eviction notices on the 5th (yesterday) and file the evictions in court on the 8th. Between 5pm on the 4th and the close of business on the 7th, the tenants can still pay the rent but they MUST also pay the $50 late fee. After the 7th, we no longer accept rent and do evict them.

I will be busy with church activities Saturday and Sunday (Easter). I am running the projection for the Easter Cantata. This will include a final practice Saturday morning, a performance Saturday evening, and two performances on Sunday. See you in church!

No comments: