Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Starting to Look Livable!

I spent another 4 hours working on the duplex today. All the trim pieces are now installed in the living room and the new Berber carpet is installed (55 cents per sq. ft. at Lowes). This was only my second time seaming carpet and I was relatively pleased with the way it came out. This Berber carpet has a very nice diamond pattern in it, but that makes seaming more difficult than a carpet with no pattern.

Tomorrow morning I will be running projection at church. Normally, I don't work on Sunday, but my wife is going out of town with our daughter and therefore I might as well do something instead of sitting around all afternoon. Therefore, I'm planning to install carpet in one of the upstairs bedrooms tomorrow. This bedroom now has really nasty tan commercial carpet in the center portion of the room and some 1960's vintage purple shag carpet around the perimeter of the room - UGLY! Obviously, this is something that one of the tenant's did!

I'm still on pace to have this ready to rent for May 1st, and I'll start showing it this week (after tomorrow's carpet job).

No comments: