Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Monday, April 2, 2007

PASSED!

Last week seemed more like a month to me. It was a long week of painting a very large duplex that we have just acquired. The reason for the painting and the fast pace of that painting was that we already have a Section 8 tenant with a young child for the unit. The presence of a child younger than 6 years old dictates that all the paint be in good condition. The exterior paint was in poor condition and required a thorough repainting. The inspection was scheduled for today.

I am pleased to report that the duplex passed the inspection with flying colors! Although it will take a week or two to receive a check from Section 8, the lease and the rent payments will be effective today.

I was not only glad to have this major project past me, but was also happy to get back to my normal schedule. After going to the bank and doing some other things this morning, I spent my usual 4 hours working at the duplex. I did a little last minute paint touch-up and started putting up new miniblinds.

After dinner, my wife and I rode our bicycles. It sure feels good to be back to my normal schedule.

No comments: