Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Too Busy to Get Anything Done!

These past couple of days have been extremely busy. Yesterday, I did paperwork all morning: paying bills and balancing checkbooks. After lunch, I installed a new electric water heater in our new duplex. However, between working on the water heater, things were simply CHAOS. The phone rang constantly! I showed a couple of apartments and my new three bedroom house to several potential tenants. I simply can't believe how many people are seriously looking for rentals. This may be a record month for move-ins. At this point, I believe that we have 5 people moving-in this month.

Today, I mowed the grass at several of our apartment buildings and at our two new houses. Before I could mow at the houses, I had to clean a bunch of debris out of the yard. Once I finished the mowing, I measured for new mini-blinds and created a short list of the things that are needed to rent the property.

Although I don't like to work on Sundays, I'll be going to church tomorrow evening instead of tomorrow morning. With only 2 days left til the tenant moves into the duplex I've been rehabbing, I don't have a minute to spare. I need to run all the wiring for the new electric baseboard heat; wiring for the electric stove; wiring for the dryer and washer. In addition, I need to run water and drain lines for the washer and drain lines for the bathroom sink. Finally, I need to seal the roof over the kitchen. That should be enough to keep me busy for 2 days.

No comments: