Michael Rossi's Blog

The purpose of this blog is to give you a look at the daily life of a rental property owner. It's not all sitting on a yacht like you see on the TV Infomercials! Visit our Website at: www.1MinuteToRentalPropertyRiches.com

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Busiest Month Ever!

It looks like May is going to be our biggest month ever. With the 12 units we've taken over this month, we had several vacancies to fill. Prior to this month, the most move-ins I've ever had was 5 in one month. It looks like we'll have 6 or 7 for May (and maybe more). I simply can not believe how hot the rental market seems to be right now. We had another applicant look at another 1 bedroom apartment today and they say that are taking it. WOW! To tell the truth, I'm a little overwhelmed by all the activity this past month. It's been quite a while since I've worked this hard, but that is a good problem to have and I'm not complaining!

Today, I started out by changing the locks and installing all new miniblinds in one of the 3 bedroom houses that we are buying. It looks like about 2 days of work will make this house rent ready. I have 2 rooms of carpet to change and the kitchen needs painting. I'm anxious to have time to get this done! Hopefully, I'll have it done by the end of the week.

After completing this work, I went to the duplex I've been working on and ran the wiring for the new electric water heater. I also spent a few minutes deciding how to run the wiring for the washer and dryer, and the new electric baseboard heat. I'm running out of time on this unit and tomorrow all of this wiring will need to be finished! I've done a lot of these projects, so I don't think we'll have a problem finishing tomorrow - right on time!

After 6 hours of hard work , I headed home. I felt bad for missing Church this morning, but the work had to be done. Thankfully, it is a rare occassion that I have to work on Sunday. I arrived home in plenty of time to go to Church this evening for our small group meeting (which is my favorite thing at Church). To make things even better, the weather was absolutely perfect and I called one of the other members of our small group to arrange a motorcycle ride to Church. My wife and I rode our motorcycle to town to meet the other member and we rode together to Church! It doesn't get better than that! Yet another member of our small group is also considering getting a motorcycle. I keep saying that I'm going to start a motorcycle gang at church. Now we need a cool name. Any thoughts?

2 comments: